Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday, April 9, 2010 Up, Up, and Away!



After some serious packing attempts trying to accommodate our purchased memories while staying within the regulations of the airlines, we eased into the morning. It was raining and most of our time was spent visiting with our friends, old and new, and getting ready for our long flights home. Each group was leaving at a different time so our departures from the hotel were staggered. This trip was truly an experience that will not be forgotten.






I will miss the genuine gentleness of its people, the art and culture, the food, the land, the customs and traditions, the rituals, the history...I will miss it all!



While trying to figure out which things were my favorites, I realized that it simply depended on, not only the day, but where we were! I loved it all... even the crowds and the I.E. and challenges of relieving oneself! It was all good!







So, my recommendations: Go to China with an open mind. Go with a thirst for adventure and a willingness to adjust to whatever comes to pass. Go with an eagerness to experience that which is unfamiliar and to step outside of your comfort zone. Go with famiily, go with friends, with acquaintances, with strangers who will become friends, go alone... but, put your politics aside, and GO! You will not regret it.






No comments:

Post a Comment